My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You call this a Vacation?

We decided to go to Virginia Beach on Friday. Spur of the moment.

BIG mistake.

Everything started off good. Nice ride down there. Kids behaved and watched DVD's.

It was after 8:30pm when we got there. We did not have a reservation, so we checked out every hotel on the strip for good rates. We found a suite w/ a kitchen for $59 a night. Great Deal! 8th floor, ocean view. It was fairly nice. It was called Ambassador Suites I started imagining one of the kids getting out ont he balcony and plunging to the ground below. The baby slipping through the bars on the balcony, Morbid, I know. I spent the weekend making sure they did not go near the balcony door!

We checked in, unloaded and took off in search of dinner and a Walmart. We had forgotten to pack any blankets and extra socks for the baby and needed drinks, milk, munchies and a new movie for the kids. Figured Walmart would have everything we needed.

I found a restaurant called "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Never heard of it before.

I ran in to make sure it was family friendly and grabbed a to-go menu. Came out and told Hubby it was ok. He started singing a song that was the exact words on the menu. I looked at him like "what the Hell". I did not KNOW it was a Buffet song!!

It was great! Great food and atmosphere! They made the best mixed drink I have ever had IN MY LIFE! And that's saying a lot! It was a Signature Pina Colada w/ pineapple chunks, blackberries and strawberries. I only had one, but soooo wanted more!

The Kitchen manager came out and talke to us. Very friendly and informed us they were building a restaurant in Charlottesville! 30 mins from us! ohhhhhh..... I can not wait! More Pina Coladas! YEAH!

Went to Walmart and got the goodies. Forgot the socks. This left Savannah in sleepers the rest of the weekend. It was cold and windy anyway.

We also left home w/out my oldest sons medicine. (aderall XR) OMG! It was going to be a hell of a weekend!

We went back and tried to settle down for the night. Took a while for Savannah. Except for when she was in the hospital for her surgeries she has never slept anywhere but home. It was after 1am when I finally got her to sleep. About that time the people across the hall came home. They were drunk and loud and arguing. Kenny told the people at the desk, but nothing was done.

The boys had the sofa bed and Kenny and I slept into the room w/ Savannah. This was a difficult task. She is a VERY light sleeper. Kenny snores. The neighbors kept fighting. People were in and out, banging on the door. Yelling and cussing. About 4am I heard a different man screaming "Nick, I want my fucking money" This kept up and woke up my oldest son, who had finally fallen asleep. I found the thing w/ the front desks number and called again. A lot of good that did.

They kept waking the baby up, my oldest son was awake all night. I would get Savannah settled but had to leave the room so she would not see me. Kenny was asleep in the bed and she didn't see him. I laid at the foot of the sofa bed until I thought she was settled. I tried to sneak back in slowly.

I heard a woman yelling at one time asking a guy if he had her gun. WTH??? I bet Nick did it. He had the money, too.

It was horrible. Finally at almost 8 there was a room shaking, thunderous slam from right across the hall. The drunk man was screaming, calling her a crackwhore and that she better not go back to his mommas and he was banging on the door. This woke EVERYONE up. Joshua jumped up scared. Savannah woke up screaming bloody murder, just terrified! I went back to the phone, crying. This time they sent 3 people up there. The man had left and the woman said there was just her and her young son in there! OMG A KID WAS IN THERE WITH THEM!!

We got dressed and left. The man was back over there arguing with the crackwhore as we left.

We had an expensive crappy breakfast then walked the strip.

It was soooo cold! The wind was blowing. We headed back to the room. The housekeeper was cleaning the room across for ours and said "you'll have a peaceful night tonight!" Music to our ears!

We got ready and went to the Aquarium. That was really nice. The kids had a great time. Kenny made me walk to the other building. I could have killed him! I am way too fat for all that walking. We got to see a 3D Imax movie about a Safari. That was really cool. Savannah was very restless and did not enjoy it. Kenny was falling alseep. He had gotten more sleep than I had! Wuss.

We rode around and checked out the sites until dinner time. We went to a place called Seafood Harbor. Seafood Buffet! Great Crablegs and steamed shrimp. Kids menu sucked, though.

We walked the strip some more. The wind had died down some. We went to the arcade. The kids had a blast. Kenny and I shot some pool. It was nice, especailly since I beat him!

We then finished walking and had ice cream at a Haagen Dazs store.

We went back to the room and settled in. Savannah was exhausted, as we all were. I had woken up that morning w/ a sore throat and headache. I think the wind had a lot to do with it. I went to lay Savannah down and she screamed as soon as she saw the pack n play. Guess she was remembering how she felt when she was woken up. She would not settle down and screamed the whole time. I even tried laying in the other double bed with her. She was having none of it! She needed to go to sleep. I finally let her cry it out. I know... I am the worst mother alive.

While all of this was going on we watched Forrest Gump. Kenny went and got sandwich makings at 7-11.

Sounds like we eat a lot!

The people on the other side of us were not happy! I know they complained about us. Savannah finally fell asleep around 3am.

I had taken nyquil to help with the cold I thought was coming on and thought it would help me sleep in the uncomfortable bed we were to sleep in.

We were watching the Last Boyscout and I woke up to find my face mushed against the back of the sofa and my glasses were all crooked on my face. Nyquil, added to the exhaustion, kicked in!

Joshua had fallen asleep in his sleeping bag on the floor. Jeremy was on the floor. Kneny pulled out the sofa bed and we slept there. We were afraid to wake her majesty up! We didn't even have a blanket. it was int he room with her!

It was so cold, being ont he 8th floor and the sliding door had wind blowing right through it. I set the heat on 80 and it was still chilly.

Princess Savannah got the bedroom to herself!

Now at about 10pm, Kenny was ready to head home, since she would not stop crying. Also at 11, 1 and 3! By 3, I was tempted myself. I changed a messy diaper, she fussed for a few more mins then I heard her talking to herself. She slept until I woke her up at 10am.

We packed up and checked out. The lady at the front desk told Kenny they kicked the crackwhore and Nick out the day before and apologized.

We headed straight out of there.

I never made it to get Souveniers.

What a vacation.

The ride home will continue on another day.....

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Josi said...

I'm still saying you should have complained and gotten your money refunded. If they were apologizing then they knew it was terrible.
Don't let one bad experience turn you off from vacations though lady. You guys work too much not to ever take them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home