My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A mile and a half

That's right! You did read correctly.

I woke up today and rode a mile and a half!

I decide to change my tactics.

I was trying to go as fast as I could stand it, which was bouncing between 9 and 15 miles an hour. That brought up my heart-rate and wore me out faster.

Today I kept it between 7.4 and 8.5 miles an hour. My heart rate stayed around 115 this first half mile and slowly worked up. it was about 125 near the end.

When I stopped it was like 132, but I was not breathing like I was having a heart attack today! My legs were not almost like jelly either.

I was thinking faster was better. Go farther. Burn more calories.

Now my game plan is to do 5 miles a day, but in increments. I will do them at a slower rate.

Eventually I WILL be able to do the 15 miles an hour without almost passing out. THEN I can do 5 miles at a time and slowly work up.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

YAY ANG!

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

You go girl! Slow and steady wins the race (((hugs)))!

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Keep it up and remember the key is persistence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home