Our Anniversary
My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary on September 11th. We've been married for 8 years!
On July 21st, we had our 'other' anniversary. You know, the one where we first got together. We've started dating and living together 13 years ago. We always celebrate it.
With everything that has been happening this summer, I totally forgot about it. As did he. Now, he has never been real good with dates. I know this. If I mention something a few times, he can sometimes remember. But, I never mentioned it this year. Not once. That is so unlike me. Usually I start about a month before hand.
"Honey, guess what next month is?"
"Guess what's coming up in a few weeks?"
"Can you believe we will have been together for __ many years in a couple of weeks?"
"What do you want for our anniversary?"
There was none of that this year.
I am very disappointed in myself. I didn't remember until a day later. I think I lost my mind this summer. No joking, so exaggerating.
Our wedding anniversary, that's one that would be hard to slip by without remembering.
Bubba actually has that day off this year. He was able to schedule it himself.
He asked me what I wanted. I have no clue. I bought him a power washer. Very romantic, huh? That's what he wanted. sigh.....
I am glad that he is still here and doing better. It seems so unreal that he may have not been here if he had not gone to the ER in July.
What are we going to do, you ask? I have no clue. Probably nothing. LOL
But he is off of work and we will be together. What more could I ask for?



1 Comments:
Sweeeet!! Happy Anniversary (a couple days early :))
Post a Comment
<< Home