My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just Surreal....

This has been a very scary time.

Turns out my husband had an Hypertensive Episode, Pulmonary Edema and Congestive Heart Failure.

His blood pressure has been high for a while. That in turn too much strain on his heart and made it very weak. His heart, when he went in was pumping at 50% on the right side and 10% on the left.

He had a cardiac catherization done. He did not need a stint or an angioplasty or a defibrillator like they suspected.

His heart muscle is just weak.

He was put on medication, low sodium diet and has to reduce his fluid intake considerably.

He has lost over 15lbs since coming home.

The doctors told him if he had waited, he would not have been coming in.

I can not believe how close that was.

My husband almost died.

I do not know what I would have done if anything had happened to him.

I can not wrap my mind around the fact that he may not have been here today.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home