My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Slip Sliding Away....

I know a woman, became a wife
These are the very words she uses to describe her life
She said a good day ain't got no rain
She said a bad day is when I lie in the bed
And I think of things that might have been

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip sliding away

__________________________________________

For some reason this is the song that came to mind when I was thinking of this blog today.

Bubba decided to be nice and took us to the next town over this evening. I have been having trouble with my laptop for work. I need more memory. I have 348 and need at least 512. He was hoping to find a deal somewhere that we could afford on some extra memory for me.

When we left it looked like a storm was brewing. It was dark and windy and you could smell it in the air.

We left and headed on out of town and as we were going down the other side of the mountain it was like the sky had opened its gates and it started pouring. I mean, you could not see in front of you at all.

I wanted Bubba to pull over but he was afraid no one would see us sitting on the side of the interstate even with the lights on. That's how bad it was.

As we were going down mountain, I look towards Bubba and see a car heading straight for us. It is sideways, out of control, sliding.

I yelled.

Bubba pressed on the gas and sped up.

The car spun around 3 times behind us, slid in front of a tractor trailing and then slid off the side of the road, spun again, slid back in the road, spun again back onto the bank.

Now If Bubba had not sped up, this big red car would have hit us, at about 50 mph. In the side. The side with him and the baby.

How the tractor trailer didn't hit it, I do not know. If he had, he would have thrown it into the back of us. Going down a mountain at a high rate of speed.

I was scared.

Petrified.

I was crying.

All I could think of...

We almost died.

One or all of us could have been dead. Right then. Just... Gone. No more.

I had my hand on my chest, I thought I was going to drop dead from a heart attack.

Kenny was still scared to pull over. The wind was bad, rain going sideways and it was hailing. He wanted to get to a turn off.

You are never gonna believe what happened next....


The crazy bitch sped by us.

She got out of the ditch and keep FUCKING GOING!!!!!

This psychotic bitch almost killed my whole family and never fucking stopped.


________________________________________

God only knows, God makes his plan
The information's unavailable to the mortal man
We work our jobs, collect our pay
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact we're slip sliding away


Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip sliding away

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:10:00 PM, Blogger Judi said...

OMG people are so stupid some days! I am so glad you are safe though! Good driving on his part. He kept you and your safe! Bigg Hugs to you!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:24:00 PM, Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Sheesh! You have WAY too much excitement in your life lately! (((hugs))) P.S. Did you get the memory?

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:40:00 AM, Blogger Angewl said...

excitement? lol

it was scary, though. to have a car facing the side of you, but heading in the same direction.

I am still having a hard time thinking about it. one of my worst fears is a car crash on the mountain

No, i didnt get any memory. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home