My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A home of our own...

A few months ago, actually back in the spring time, the landlord asked my husband if we would be interested in buying the house. He said yes, of course.

We were very excited. We never thought we could ever buy a house. Our credit totally sucks. I mean it is really horrible.

Buying a house is a dream of ours. We thought it would be a dream never to come true.

So here we were excited and....

Then nothing was ever mentioned again.

Last month an appraiser came to look things over.

When Bubba paid the rent this month the landlord said that if we want to buy yhr house we can. It was appraised at $125,000.

He said that we could 'rent to own' it. Meaning that this months rent went towards buying our very own house.

He is talking to Mrs, Landlord to see if they want to count all of our past rent towards buying the house. That is 2 yrs worth of rent! About $16,200.

This would be wonderful if they did that, but if they don't that is ok, too.

He said if we ever get onto a position to go through a finance company we could do that.

So right now, it is $125,00 without finance charges and interest.

That means in less than 15 1/2 years all this




could be ours!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

WAHOO!
It's gorgeous and it's gonna be yours!

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:09:00 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Nice, Ang! I like your house, it's cute. And no financing ROCKS, man. Rocks.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Judi said...

That is great!!!! To have your own home! You have a plan and a means! Go for it girlie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home