Teenage Driver on the Road!!
My 16 yr old got her learners permit about a month ago.
Ever since then she always wants to drive.
I let her drive one evening with her step-dad in the van, and his nerves could not handle it. He has a hard time riding with anyone driving.
Since then I let her drive from the store or to the store on weekends while he works.
She over-corrects herself and drives too close to the edge of the road. When turning she waits too long to turn and also does it sharp.
She scared me to death Friday night. She needed to get into the other lane and was looking the way but driving off the road. I yelled. Scared her. I guess that didn't help her at all.
Today while going to her grandmothers house I let her drive around the mountain.
Shew.....
I need a drink.
She does not do bad. She is learning and does pretty well for a new driver. She does not take constructive criticism too well, so its hard to tell her what she needs help on. Today she did listen and ask how she could stop doing something. Big step for her.
She did not appreciate it too much when I told her I wanted to get those window clings and spell out on the back window of the mini-van:
"Teen learning to Drive!!"



1 Comments:
A got his license a year ago and I have yet to ride in a car with him driving. You're braver than I am!
Post a Comment
<< Home