Happy Birthday Birdy
Earlier this week I was whining over my baby getting older.
Now I am whining about my oldest. She turned 18 today! I'm shocked and stunned. Where has the time gone?
When I got pregnant with her, I was 15 years old. Her daddy and I married. I can't say he was a mistake, because then I would be saying she was a mistake. I would never in my life think of her in that way.
I gained a lot of weight with her. About 60 pounds. I was around 105 when I got pregnant.
The morning sickness was much worse in the afternoon. It lasted until about 5 months. I was still in school, but it was hard. I usually fell asleep during first period. The teacher never said anything, she knew I was pregnant. I think she just didn't know what to do with me.
I had gym after lunch and those two did not go well together. I spent the rest of my school year not even bothering to dress out and stayed on the bleachers.
My morning sickness hit at all different times. There was one constant time. It always hit at 4 o'clock. I had enough time to get off the school bus, run to my house, inside, throwing my books and straight to the bathroom. One day the bus was late and I puked all in my lap.
It was amazing when she started moving. I loves being pregnant with her, morning sickness included.
I had no idea if she were a girl or a boy. I was about 99.9% sure she was a boy. lol
She was due on Halloween but did not make her appearance until 5 days before Thanksgiving. Thats right. She was 2 weeks and 5 days late. She was induced and it was pretty easy.
My mom was quite mad when she arrived and I was laughing while in labor. Gotta love an Epidural.
When it came time to push, thats when things turned difficult. I do not even remember how long I pushed. Maybe hours.
The OB took a long metal bar, put it behind my knees and pushed them up beside my head.
I learned much later, like almost 15 years later that my records stated she had shoulder dystocia. I think thats spelled right. She was stuck.
I don't remember much after that. I was given extra drugs and passed the hell out.
When I woke up, I was scared. I was in a room by myself, no way to call the nurse. I was yelling for a while before someone came on.
My mom and husband came in and were crying. I was scared to death and kept asking was my baby ok. I though something had happened to her.
Thank goodness, she was ok.
My grandmother-in-law worked in the nursery. She had given out the word that they were not to touch her first great grandchild. She got their shortly after she was born and she gave her her first bath.
I couldn't believe it when they brought her in. She was so beautiful. All 8 lbs and 3 1/2 ozs of her. Since she was late, all she did those last weeks was fill out. She looked almost a month old! No wrinkles or anything. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Just think, when I was the age she is now that I was a mom and going through a divorce.
I am so proud of her. She is an amazing young lady.
She works 2 jobs and also does a house cleaning job. She goes to school full time and is taking classes to be a cosmetologist. She is also taking a business course at the local community college.
She pays her own car insurance. She pays her own phone bill. She pays for her clothes. She is very responsible. She is a wonderful big sister. She is generous and kind. She is funny as hell.
I sometimes ask my husband if he is sure we didn't have an affair in high school, they are so much alike.
My little girl is an adult today.
But she will always be my baby.



1 Comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday, B!
What a beutiful note your Mom has written you!
Post a Comment
<< Home