My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Working Again

My Work At Home Journey continues.

I thought it had ended. I really didn't want to work anymore. With these heathens... uh... I mean, these children of mine, I didn't think it would be an option for me anymore.

They are quite loud and uncooperative.

So, when a good friend of mine told me about an opening in the company she had been working for, I was quite skeptical that I would be able to do it.

She told me all about her experiences with the company and how much she enjoyed it.

She even went so far as to put in a good word for me!

Let me tell you, that really makes a person feel pretty good about themselves. At least this person felt very flattered.

So, off to apply I went.

After a phone interview with a very nice man, he informed me I had the job.

I couldn't believe it.

I was now going to be a working mama again.

My friend even helped me out further. She actually bought and sent me a USB headset so I could start work! Talk about making someone cry.

I did mention that these calls are routed through the computer and not a phone line... oh, I didn't? well, seeing as how I don't have a home phone, this was the only way I would be able to take calls.

Now, how perfect is that?

I had to do an hour or so of live calls with a supervisor. She was so friendly as well.

Then I scheduled me some hours.

I started off just working Mon-Wed 11pm-2am. I covered for someone my first week there. So i ended up doubling my hours.

I am now working Mon, Thur and Fri 11pm-2am and Tue & Wed 10pm-2am.

I am hoping to find a way to add on more hours.

I am really liking this new gig.

Everyone has been so friendly and helpful.

I don't know how I would ever be able to thank my friend for all she's done to help me. She has been a life-saver.

So, I've been working again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Glad to see you blogging again, I know I'm not much of a following but I think of you every single day (((love you))))

 
At Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too!! {{{HUGS}}}

Kat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home