My Crazy...er...Dysfunctional Life

I'm 34 yrs old and have been married to a pretty great guy named Kenny since Sept. 11, 1999. We have been inseparable since July of 1994. I can't chase him away! LOL Lucky for me! I am the stressed out mom of four crazy kids who I love with all my heart. We have a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) and a lot of bad luck, but we have each other.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Blog Interrupted....



Next week my youngest child turns three. It is so hard to believe time is going so fast!

I could have sworn it was just yesterday when I had to have an emergency c-section. The OB told me if I wanted to give birth to a live child, it was necessary.
She was so beautiful. Her hair was so light it looked as though she had no eyebrows or eyelashes!
In the operating room the pediatrician discovered she had hip dysplasia.
It was a long and scary road we were to follow. But she was alive, so fright and worry was all worth it.

Well I had all this sweet and sappy stuff I wanted to say, but that was interrupted and I lost my train of thought. I wanted to make this a bittersweet blog.


The Princess has fought potty training. No amount of bribery has worked. I let her pick out underwear, tried stickers, cool alert pull-ups, and the Elmo Potty Time movie. I tried just sitting her on there, and she would throw a fit.

I even bought a new potty. So she had her choice.

NOT ONE LITTLE DROP!!!!


We finally got the DVD player working in the van and it had the potty time movie in it. So she watched that for the first time in weeks.

Then I was checking blogs out tonight and my best friend's last blog has her daughter on the potty and Miss Thang saw that and made a comment.

As I was sitting here, ready to let the tears fall as I went down memory lane. The surgeries, the body casts, the pneumonia, the cystic fibrosis testing......

She pulls her potty out.... takes off her pull-up..... and pees in the potty!!!

I can not believe it! I was so excited, I was hugging her and singing the Dora song. "You did it, you did it! Hooray!!"

She was so pleased with herself.

As I write this she sat down again and said "You hear it?"

My baby peed in the potty!!

Yes, these are the things that bring me happiness.

Just wait for the blog where she poops for the first time!!

I know you'll be holding your breath as you await that one!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, November 02, 2007 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

HURRAH!

Does S ever use the computer? R LOVES this:
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/sesamestreet/games/pottytime/flash.php?contentId=16805504

All she has to do is mash the keyboard whenever they ask her to - but R thinks Elmo is close to God, so it's helped!

 
At Saturday, November 03, 2007 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Awwwww....so cool Ang!

 
At Monday, November 05, 2007 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Boo has NO interest in the potty. Well, she has interest, she just has no desire to actually pee in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home